Thursday, June 16, 2011

Just another Thursday


Breakfast
This morning Dan decided to to make his own breakfast, and lets just say I was happy he was making it for him and not me. The sausage cooked a little too long and the eggs were, well, more scrambled than pan-fried. I'm just proud that he took it upon himself to make his own breakfast. He's growing up so fast.



Produce
Yesterday was our first produce delivery from the Pumpkin Patch farm on Sauvie Island. We received a bag full of goodies freshly grown right here in Portland. In that wonderful bag were strawberries, rhubarb, radishes, lettuce, green onions, red onion, a lemon, potatoes, and a jar of strawberry jam. The strawberries are so sweet and juicy, I can't wait to make a strawberry rhubarb crisp with them.

With all this produce, I thought it would be wise to add to my Wusthof knife collection. I went to Crate and Barrel and picked up a new pairing knife, another knife to slice and chop veggies, and a knife sharpener. The little girl with pigtails inside of me is jumping up and down with excitement!!!

Parker
It was time for Parker's winter coat to go, thus, we shaved him down. Per Dan's request, he also now has a mohawk.

If you haven't had a chance to meet Parker, he's a super smart dog. He knows when he's going to get a treat and will do just about anything for a piece of chicken jerky. When I was at Target the other week, I picked up a hula-hoop to play with. Then I got the great idea to see if Parker would jump through it like a circus animal. With a treat on one end, he jumped right through!

No comments:

Post a Comment