Tuesday, March 12, 2013

It's March!

A weekend visit to Point Reyes North Beach on a warm January Saturday

It seems that as a stay at home mom, each day moves in slow motion as you're changing diapers and rocking a baby to sleep. But then all of a sudden three months have gone by in a blink and my head is left spinning. Christmas and New Years are long behind us, Jane is somehow not a wee baby anymore, and Dan and I are Californians. What? No. What?

First things first. Jane.

She's 5 months old, has almost figured out this whole sitting up thing, and her teeth are making her quite uncomfortable. The teething has resulted in fevers, vomiting, and overall crankiness. We persevere thru each day and make sure she has plenty of toys to chew on.

Jane 4 months old on her playmat
Having Jane has changed our lives in ways we can't even describe and I'm sure in ways that we aren't fully aware of yet. I guess having something so helpless, tiny, and fully dependent on you changes your perspective a bit. Becoming a mother has changed me, inside and out. When I make eye contact with Jane and smile at her, seeing her smile back then kick her legs and flap her arms in excitement makes my heart melt. Holding her and nursing her to sleep is something that I wouldn't give up for the world. Watching Dan carry her around in the carrier and pretending she's driving the "daddy bot" makes me laugh. I can't wait for the tickle monster attacks and jumping on furniture to stay out of the lava.

 
Jane 5 months, sitting up!

On Saturday Dan turned 31! To celebrate this special day, we had planned on spending the day at the gym playing around with tires, yolks, and stones then having a nice relaxing day at home ending with a dinner of steak and mashed potatoes and of course, birthday cake. However, Jane's first birthday gift to her dad was a fever of 103 and some sever fussiness. All the plans were thrown out the door at 4 am and we ended up spending the day rocking, cuddling, and bathing our little girl and eating leftovers. I think a redo is in order for this weekend.



No comments:

Post a Comment